North Rim Trail and Sky Mountain Park are now closed. South Rim Trail is open all winter long. Protect Wildlife: Respect Trail Closures Seasonal closures give our wildlife in the area the space they need during some of the hardest and most important times of year. The Snowmass Village Animal Services Department enforces trail closures enacted to protect sensitive wildlife habitats that surround our Village. It is unlawful of any persons to use by any means the following trails during wildlife sensitive periods, as follows:
- Sequel Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Tom Blake Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Anaerobic Nightmare Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Government Trail east of Elk Camp Work Road: April 25 - June 21
- Rim Trail North: December 1 - May 16
- Sky Mountain Park: December 1 - May 16
- The South Rim Trail is OPEN!
There is a zero tolerance policy for trail closure violations and fines can reach up to $5,000. Enforcement Trail closures are strictly enforced by the Town's Animal Services Division, in partnership with Colorado Parks & Wildlife. Wildlife monitoring cameras are in use in closed areas. Thank you for your understanding and respect of wildlife.