The Town Council received a sneak peak of the newly crafted "option 5" conceptual design for the proposed mall transit station on Monday.
Option 5 is a blend of the previous conceptual designs, modified with the community’s feedback in mind. Examples of changes the project team has made to the original designs, from Town Council feedback and your ideas, include the following:
- Moving the connector road to the outside of the garage
- Shrinking the size of the transit area to reduce the mass and scale of the platform from the downhill side
- Adding a sidewalk to the south side of the transit station improve pedestrian connectivity
- Expanding the crosswalk to the mall to improve flow
- Adding more daylight and stairwells to the garage area to increase connections to the mall
The full design and additional renderings will be presented to the Town Council at their regular meeting on Monday, March 2nd.
Learn more about the project and how to get involved by following the link below to the project webpage.