The Town of Snowmass Village is thrilled to welcome The Ragnar Trail Relay to town June 6-7, 2014. Trail Relays take teams of 4-8 runners on a total of 120 miles, consisting of multiple scenic trail loops. The race takes an average of 22 hours to complete. Teams start at staggered times on Friday between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m., and run overnight under the stars, finishing up Saturday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., depending on how fast they are!
Where will the event take place?
During the event, Town Park will be transformed into “Ragnar Village,” which is home to the runners for 24-48 hours. Runners will be competing in three distinct areas.
What Can Neighbors Expect?
- Highline/Lowline Trail
- Rodeo Trail
- Rim Trail and Sinclair Rd.
Snowmass Village residents play a critical role in putting our community’s best foot forward. Plus, the more you know helps you join in on all of the fun and excitement!
- Approximately 1,200 runners will be on the race route which includes Sinclair Rd. and Meadow Rd. between the hours of 10 a.m. Friday, June 6th and 4 p.m. Saturday, June 7th. Please drive cautiously around runners and respect running lanes. Runners have been notified that these areas are a “quiet zone” to minimize the impact to residents. View the race route map on their website.
- You’ll notice Snowmass Village Police officers and Ragnar Volunteers at several road crossings. This is to ensure runner safety.
- The Recreation Center will remain open during normal operating hours during the event. Designated parking will remain available at Town Park Station for Recreation Center users.
- This event strives to be as sustainable as possible, and has a goal to be a zero waste event. Let’s applaud them for their efforts to respect our backyard and keep Snowmass beautiful!
Do you live along the race route? Help encourage runners by putting up a sign, or cheering them along from your front yard.
Contact Kelly Vaughn, Director of Communications at 970-922-2275 or by email