The Town of Snowmass Village is a member of the Northwest Colo. Council of Governments,a voluntary association of county and municipal governments that work together on a regional basis. One of the benefits of NWCOG's collaboration are regular updates on economic development opportunities. The most recent NWCOG newsletter provided some great resources for current or potential small business owners in the region.
Workshops, Events, & Conference
Secrets of Small Business Funding
- Wednesday, October 16th from 8 a.m. to noon at CMC Glenwood Springs. Offered by the Roaring Fork Business Resource Center.
Economic Development Council of Colorado (EDCC) Fall Conference
- October 17 - 18, Embassy Suites in Denver.
2013 Fall Business Seminar Series
- offered by the Roaring Fork Business Resource Center in partnership with Colorado Mountain College. The series includes the following seminars:
Business Funding Opportunities
Northwest Loan Fund
- How to Start a Business - Thurs. September 12th 9 am - 1 pm. at CMC Rifle Campus
- Understanding and Troubleshooting the Bookkeeping Process - Wed. September 25th 9 am - 1 pm at CMC Carbondale Campus
- Crowdfunding for Small Businesses - Thurs. September 26th 9 am - 1 pm at CMC Glenwood Springs Campus
- Successful Retail is in the Detail - Thurs. October 3rd 9 am - 1 pm at CMC Glenwood Springs Campus
- Public Relations Techniques and Practices - Thurs. October 10th from 9 am - 1 pm at CMC Glenwood Springs Campus
The Northwest Loan Fund (NLF) offers business loans that will create or retain jobs and bring a value added product or income to the local economy in the 9 Northwest counties (Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Jackson, Moffat, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, Routt & Summit). The NLF loans money for start-up and expanding businesses that may not qualify for traditional financing.
Colorado Enterprise Fund
Colorado Enterprise Fund is a nonprofit lending source specializing in loans up to $250,000 to support small business. CEF funds many small businesses that are not able to receive traditional bank financing. CEF also provides guidance, training, and resources to help small and emerging businesses succeed. View the All-Star Showcase Booklet, featuring 25 entrepreneurs who have taken incredible risk to pursue the dream of becoming a business owner. Learn the challenges and victories they have faced along the way.