Project Update: Friday, September 23rd
Paving Operations Are Underway:
As you may have noticed today, contractors are now preparing the road for the final lift of asphalt. Roto-milling will be taking place through Friday, September 23rd, and paving will begin on Monday, September 26th.
Below is a full outline of the paving schedule and what you can expect.
Monday, September 26th:
7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Lower Brush Creek Road (north / westbound lanes) and Lower Kearns Road intersection (both lanes).
12:00 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Alternating one-way traffic will be in place on Brush Creek Road and Wood Road. Lower Kearns Road will be closed during this time. Access to and from Snowmass Center and Town Hall will be via Upper Kearns Road.
Upper Kearns Road
Tuesday, September 27th:
- Traffic control will require a complete closure of Upper Kearns Road. Snowmass Center access will be available via Lower Kearns Road.
Roundabout area and upper Brush Creek Road.
Wednesday, September 28th:
- Alternating one-way traffic will be in place at Lower Kearns and the south side of the Wood Run Road. All traffic will be able be routed to the eastbound lanes of Brush Creek Road, backward through roundabout, and will be able to access Wood Run Road.
- Lower Kearns will be open for Snowmass Center and Town Hall traffic.
- Upper Brush Creek road will be closed, but the Carriage Way detour will be in place to access the upper village.
7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Eastbound Brush Creek Road.
- Traffic control will require a one lane closure of Lower Brush Creek Road, eastbound, from the roundabout to Lower Kearns. All traffic will be open, but some alternating one-way traffic may be necessary.
10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Center lane of Brush Creek Road.
- The roundabout will be closed to eastbound traffic during this time. Traffic will be re-routed to the westbound lanes, and a detour will be in place via Carriage Way. The westbound Brush Creek Road traffic lanes will be opened. Some alternating one-way traffic may be necessary.
Final installations and striping will also take place through Wednesday, October 5th.
|Milling work began Friday, and is preparing the road for pavement on Monday.
Check out the latest images and videos on the project website, Project Images
Monday - Saturday
7:00am - 6:00pm
Project Hotline and Contacts: