Project Update: Thursday, April 21
Despite the snowy weather, construction of the roundabout is making a lot of progress. Crews have completed excavation work for one retaining wall along Brush Creek Road, and contractors will begin forming the walls for concrete next week. Meanwhile, on Upper Kearns Road, a change of plans is in the works.
In an effort to speed up the project and take advantage of low traffic during the off-season, Upper Kearns road is planned for a full closure beginning next week. This will allow contractors to complete utility work ahead of schedule and accomplish work that was originally planned for phase 2.
Here's what you can expect:
Brush Creek Road
- Both lanes remain open with a posted speed limit of 15 mph in the work zone.
- Please drive safely.
Upper Kearns Road
- Beginning next week, Monday April 25, Upper Kearns Road will be temporarily closed.
- During this temporary closure, Lower Kearns Road will be open and will serve as the access point to Snowmass Center businesses and Town Hall.
- All businesses and Town Hall will remain accessible throughout construction via Lower Kearns Road.
Bus Stops and Pedestrian Access:
- The Brush Creek up-valley bus stop has been relocated to in front of the Conoco gas station.
- The Brush Creek down-valley bus stop has been relocated to across from Lower Kearns Road.
- Please use the designated walkways and crosswalks when walking to and from temporary bus stop locations.
- You can view a detailed map for pedestrian access, online.
Project Accomplishments and Progress:
- Utility line locations are being verified in the point site so that utility work can be completed ahead of schedule. This work was originally scheduled for phase 2.
- Excavation of the hillside south of Town Hall is about 50% complete. Soil nailing work will being in this location in early May.
- Excavation for one wall along Brush Creek Road is complete. The footers for the retaining wall are ready for concrete, and the rest of the wall will be formed next week.
- The Shepard's Hut that was previously located on the point site was successfully relocated without damage for continued preservation.
| Excavation work along Upper Kearns Road is 50% Complete
| The Shepard's Hut was successfully relocated on the point site.
| The up-valley bus stop has been relocated and is now in front of the Conoco station.
| Excavation work along Brush Creek Rd. continues. Both lanes remain open.
Monday - Saturday
7:00am - 6:00pm
Project Hotline and Contacts: