Project Update: Friday, April 15
The roundabout construction at Brush Creek and Wood Road is underway, with major excavation and dirt work taking place along Brush Creek Road. Weather permitting, contractors will also begin dirt work along Upper Kearns Road on Friday, April 15. Here's what you should expect.
Brush Creek Road
- Both lanes remain open with a posted speed limit of 15 mph in the work zone.
- Please drive safely.
Upper Kearns Road
- Weather permitting, one lane of Upper Kearns Road will be closed, only during construction hours, beginning today. Flaggers will guide motorists in alternating directions.
- On Monday, April 18, Upper Kearns Road will be modified to a one-way road during construction hours near the entrance of Town Hall. Traffic will travel in a counter-clockwise direction (The way the Village Shuttle currently enters and exits the Center.)
- During this one lane closure, Lower Kearns Road will be unaffected and will serve as the preferred access point to Snowmass Center businesses and Town Hall.
- All businesses and Town Hall will remain accessible throughout construction via Lower Kearns Road.
Bus Stops and Pedestrian Access:
- On Monday, April 18, the Brush Creek up-valley bus stop will be moved down the road. It will temporarily be stationed in front of the Conoco Station.
- The Brush Creek down-valley bus stop has already been relocated to across from Lower Kearns Road.
- Both bus stop locations are marked with signage.
- You can view a detailed map for pedestrian access, online.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Monday - Saturday
7:00am - 6:00pm
Project Hotline and Contacts: