The mountain may be closed, and the season may be over, but we're ready to get to work.
Beginning this week, construction will begin on the main roundabout at Brush Creek and Wood Road. Excavation work is expected to begin on the morning of Wednesday, April 13th, and motorists and pedestrians in the area will notice several changes, including the following:
Brush Creek Road
- On Monday, April 13, Brush Creek Road traffic lanes will be shifted to the north using construction cones and barrels.
- Two lanes will be open, and there will be plenty of room for all vehicle types. The turn lanes, however, will be removed.
- No closures or delays are anticipated for Brush Creek Road. All vehicles will still be able to access businesses in the area and all parts of the Village via Brush Creek Road.
- Please drive carefully through the area, and slow for the cone zone.
Upper Kearns Road
- On Friday, April 15, excavation along Upper Kearns Road will begin.
- One traffic lane will be closed on Upper Kearns Road at this time, but access will still be available with flaggers guiding traffic in alternating one-way directions.
- Vehicles will still be able to access all businesses in the area and Town Hall via Upper Kearns Road.
- Lower Kearns Road will be open and serve as an easy alternative for access to and from the Snowmass Center.
- The Brush Creek Road down-valley bus stop has been relocated 200 - 300 feet down the street. Look for the bus stop sign across from Lower Kearns Road. (Learn more & view the temporary Bus Stop location map)
- On Monday, April 18, the Brush Creek Road up-valley bus stop will be relocated from west of Upper Kearns Road to east of Upper Kearns Road. (Learn more & view the temporary Bus Stop location map)
- Bus Stops servicing the Snowmass Center will be unaffected during these early phases of the project. However, riders should anticipate additional bus stop relocations.
- All bus stop re-locations will be posted at SnowmassTransit.com, and will be sent out as a Rider Alert.
- As a safety precaution, pedestrians will be detoured onto safe routes around the project site. Look for detour signage if you are walking in the area.
- Pedestrians walking from Wood Road to go down Brush Creek Road will be detoured onto Brush Creek Trail.
Stay in the Know:
Keep checking for additional project updates, and subscribe to project alerts
to receive critical information as it happens.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation with this project.