In addition to offering improved navigation, a slick new look, and more in-depth information on the services, programs, and facilities managed by Snowmass Parks, Recreation & Trails, the newly launched snowmassrecreation.com
features new tools that make it easier than ever to enjoy our amenities.
1. Stay Informed
Save yourself a phone call! Now the latest news and updates on recreation programs and activities can be sent straight to your email inbox, or phone via text message.
Available categories include:
2. Trails Finder
- Adult leagues: Receive notifications on new league offerings, schedule changes, standings, and more. This tool can save teams (and team managers) a lot of time
- Fitness classes: News and updates on fitness class offerings, schedule changes, and specials
- Kids camps and activities: If your kids participate in Recreation Center day camps or after school programs, you can more easily stay in the know on any program details or schedule information
- Trail updates:This spring/summer we'll start sending a regular notice on trail conditions and closures
- Job postings: Interested in working for Parks, Recreation & Trails? Sign-up to automatically receive job listings as soon as they're posted
Fortunately, Snowmass Village is naturally blessed with the components of a world-class trails system: good terrain, good views, and good infrastructure. Now, you have all the information you need to enjoy all 24 town-managed trails with the new online trails directory
. Select a trail to view a detailed trail description (such as difficultly and distance), and download an interactive map.
3. Fitness Class Directory
The popularity of group fitness classes has soared since they were added to basic Recreation Center memberships in fall, 2014. Whether you're looking for a schedule and calendar for your favorite fitness class, or want to try something new and want to learn more about what's offered, the new fitness class directory
provides detailed class descriptions, photos, schedules, and cost.
4. Request Tracker
Submit a comment, compliment, or concern
on any of our parks, recreation, and trail facilities or programs, and track progress toward an issue that needs to be addressed. Once you enter an online request, the appropriate staff member is automatically notified via email and can follow up with you directly.
5. Facility Finder
The site features a full directory
of town managed park and recreation facilities including the Recreation Center, playgrounds, basketball courts, and tennis courts to name a few. search for facility by amenity (e.g. search for a park with a playground or picnic tables), map facilities, and get more details on the location and use.