In December the Town received an application for a major PUD amendment sketch plan
to Base Village. For all of you non-native code speakers (myself included), the ‘Sketch’ stage is the first of three stages of a major PUD review process, which includes sketch plan review, preliminary plan review, and final review. Each of these stages follows a process, intent, and criteria defined in the Town’s Land Use Code
What is Sketch Plan Review?
The intent of the Sketch plan review stage is to engage in an exploratory discussion with issues and ‘fatal flaws’ with an application, and to identify and examine alternatives. Sketch plan review includes three major steps:
What Kind of Discussions can We Expect During this Stage?
- A joint Planning Commission and Town Council sketch plan review at a public hearing
- Planning Commission review
- Town Council authorization to proceed to the preliminary plan stage
This question has been asked by both the Council and the community. To lay the groundwork for future discussions, Community Development Director Julie Ann Woods and Town Manager Clint Kinney will provide an overview of the PUD Process for sketch plan review, and what to expect, is on the agenda for the regular Council meeting on Tuesday, January 20th.
What’s Coming up Next?
Want to Weight in?
- Staff report: Overview of PUD Process during the regular Town Council meeting on January 20, 2015. A meeting agenda is available here.
- Joint meeting of the Town Council and Planning Commission: February 2, 2015 with presentation by the Applicant.
- Planning Commission Review. After the February 2nd joint meeting, the Planning Commission will commence their sketch plan review. Meeting calendar and timeframe for review TBD.
Related TOSV posts
- Attend the public meeting on February 2nd (or follow the meeting streamed live online/watch on CGTV Channel 11)
- Submit your written comments, which will be accepted until the close of the public hearing before Town Council. For inclusion of written comments in the staff report, submissions must be received a minimum of 10 days prior to the public hearing at the following address:
- Snowmass Village Community Development Dept. PO Box 5010 Snowmass Village, CO 81615, attn. Julie Ann Woods
- Email Julie Ann Woods