Trail users take note. This weekend, September 6-7, near 10,000 athletes and spectators will participate in Tough Mudder
, a 12-mile obstacle course dubbed as the "toughest event on the planet." The course does utilize several town trails and easements, and trail closures in effect during the event are listed below. Fortunately, there are still plenty of options in and around Snowmass Village for recreators looking for their outdoor fix this weekend.
Open Trails in/around Snowmass
To name a few local favorites...
Highline and Lowline Trails
- Sleighride and Ditch Trails
- Rim Trail (all sections)
- Sky Mountain Park including Airline, Cozyline, Skyline Ridge, Viewline, and Deadline trails
Want more ideas? Check out pitkinoutside.org for trail options for all users of all levels from Aspen to Basalt.
Closed Trails in Snowmass
The following trails are part of the Tough Mudder course and will be closed Sept. 6 from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Sept. 7 from 7 a.m. - 12 p.m. for your safety.
- Brush Creek Trail (from Creekside to Owl Creek)
- Owl Creek Trail (to Two Creeks)
- Wood Bridge Pedestrian Trail
- Ridge section of Tom Blake
- Stark's Powerline Trail
- Village Bound
- Vista Trail
Learn more about Tough Mudder and spectator options on their website.