The Ragnar Relay
is returning to Snowmass Village August 8-9, 2014. During this event, over 120 teams comprised of 12 athletes will run day and night in shifts to make an almost 200-mile journey from the Copper Mountain Ski Resort to Snowmass Village, finishing at the Snowmass ski area on Saturday, August 9th. Support vehicles are used to transport the runners (typically 12-15 passenger vans) to and from each exchange point along the course. Teams provide their own vehicles. Each participant runs three times, with each leg ranging between 3-8 miles and varying in difficulty.
Where will the Event Take Place?
During the event, expect runners and teams in the following areas:
What Can Neighbors Expect?
- Brush Creek Trail from Highway 82 to the Snowmass Recreation Center
- Town Park
- Rim Trail
- Base Village
Snowmass Village residents play a critical role in putting our
community’s best foot forward. Plus, the more you know helps you join in
on all of the fun and excitement!
- Runners along the race route from which includes the Brush Creek Trail, the Rim Trail, and Brush Creek Rd. on Saturday, August 9th. View the race route map on their website (note that the Snowmass Village area includes legs 35 and 36).
- You'll notice course marshals and Ragnar volunteers at the Brush Creek trail crossing on Brush Creek Rd. (just before the roundabout). Please drive carefully around runners.
- Race teams and support staff at the Snowmass Village Recreation Center and Town Park Station, which serves as an "exchange" area. The Snowmass Village Recreation Center will maintain normal operating hours.
- Finish line at Base Village. Runner will be finishing anywhere from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, August 9th.
- This event strives to be as sustainable as possible and is adhering to our green events checklist. Let's applaud them for their efforts to respect our backyard and keep Snowmass beautiful!
Contact Kelly Vaughn, Director of Communications at 970-922-2275 or by email.