We're excited that you're interested in attending or hosting an event here in Snowmass Village, and this webpage is intended to help you get started.
Thousands of fun and successful events, concerts, and races have been hosted in Snowmass Village, and we look forward to many more.
Special Event Permit Applications
It is our goal to assist event organizers in planning safe, fun, and successful events that meet the Town's Event Principles & Policies (PDF). As you consider bringing an event to Snowmass Village, the information below will help you get started.
Does your event require a Special Event Permit?
In general, any event or activity involving the use of the following requires a special event permit:
- Public property or facilities
- Town Parks and/or Trails
- Sidewalks, roads, and public right of way
- Temporary use of private property that varies from its current land use
- Impacts on the site or surrounding area will occur (including but not limited to visual, noise, or environmental impacts)
- Many attendees requiring or impacting public transit and/or parking
- Distributing or providing alcohol
Our easy to use online permitting systems make applying for a permit easy, and we will help you every step of the way.
Understand the Application Process:
Small events, such as birthday parties, can reserve Town parks and facilities by visiting the Parks, Recreation and Trails website.
An outline of the review and approval process is available below. You can also view all of the Special Event Application Requirements before applying.
Permit Application Steps
1. Submit a pre-application summary for conditional approval
The pre-application should be completed at least 60-90 days prior to your event date.
2. Complete the application with plan details
The completed application must be submitted at least 45 days prior to your event date.
3. Upload other permits and licenses
4. Pay Permit Fee & Agree to Conditions of Approval
A $100 permit processing fee is due before final approval. You can pay your application fee online.
5. Debrief after your event
Upcoming Event Information
Events wouldn't be successful without the people who attend, cheer, and celebrate with us. The calendar below consists of the events that have submitted a pre-application for a TOSV Special Event Permit. Not all have received full approval yet, but they are in the works. We hope to see you there.
Select the events to learn more about the activities that are proposed.
Comments, Concerns, and Questions
If you have any concerns with upcoming events, please contact us. Your comments will be considered during the permit review process.